Saturday, October 19, 2019

IC3 vs Cengage

I was going to wait until I actually took the first Cengage exam to compare the courses but I will update more after I do so. So far in this newly formatted course it has been very straight forward and compared to IC3 the topics are a lot more focused on key things rather than a wide range of things we may not really need to know for the exam or in the real world.

IC3 had a lot to cover in each lesson and module while in Cengage its more like 10-20 steps. I would get a headache and have a hard time doing more than one module because it would be like 30+ steps. The projects weren't as straight-forward as these ones, but I think a big part of the confusion has to do with your instructor. Professor Wu is very hands on and takes the time to attend to every one individually. My last instructor didn't do much to clear up any confusion. This course compared to my last experience is a lot better and I haven't even tested yet.

11 comments:

  1. Glad you found the new MOS-centric curriculum straight forward than the previous one based on IC3 :-) Thank you for recognizing my style and attention to each student ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30+ STEPS?!?! What the heck were they thinking (I'm sorry Mr. Wu) but how was that even fair to the person taking the class. I could not believe that the teachers were not as hands on as Mr. Wu is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this MOS is beauty straight forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never make it beyond the assignments. Never even got to the test. Glad to hear that it's better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that this course has consolidated the material.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like i joined this class in perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, IC3 was horrible. Eye gouging.

    ReplyDelete